By Maria Koropecky, Ammolite Wellness Coach
I have recently walked my own life-changing Camino in Spain and I firmly believe I could not have gone on my adventure and climbed those mountains without practicing self-care first.
I’m a new woman!
In the months preceding my big trip, I made self-care my priority.
- I practiced my easy version of Intermittent Fasting and managed to release over 11 kilos (25 pounds)
- I built up my physical strength by working out and going on long wellness walks in my neighbourhood
- I also looked under the hood and re-calibrated my mindset. I started telling myself a new, more empowering story and my life changed exponentially, for the better!
Now, I continue to practice self-care in one shape or other every day and it’s part of my lifestyle.
Self-care is any activity – like applying cream on your hands, or writing in a journal, or admiring a flower – that we do deliberately – in order to take care of our mental, emotional, spiritual and physical health.
Just to be clear, self-care is NOT being:
• and it’s not another chore for you to get through!
The benefits of self-care are far reaching!
10 Benefits of Self-Care
1. Peace of Mind
Self-care is about giving yourself attention, kindness and nourishment so you can be at peace with yourself and be present for your loved ones.
Self-care starts from within and practicing self-care allows you to give yourself compassion and love – love that doesn’t depend on something or someone outside of you.
Self-care is a self-generating fountain and the beauty is, you are being both the giver and the receiver of loving kindness at the same time! You are both the healer and the healed!
4. Higher Self-Worth
Self-care is giving yourself the message that you are loveable, and you are worthy, and you matter, and you are safe, and you are enough – because that is the Truth!
5. Increased Longetivity & Quality of Life
One of my favourite clients, Myrtle, turned 102 in 2019! Myrtle is an inspiration to everyone she meets and if I ever reach my 100’s, I hope my quality of life is like hers and I hope yours is too. On-going self-care can really make a huge difference in the long run.
6. Friendlier Neighbours
Another bonus from self-care is when people see you taking care of yourself and treating yourself with kindness, they will treat you well also. If you carry yourself in a healthy way and believe you are worth it, others will mirror your positivity back to you and will be more friendly towards you.
Also, when people start noticing your progress, they may even start to model your example (people like your kids, friends and co-workers) which will improve their health and relationships, and then the idea of self-care will ripple throughout the world, making the world a better place for us all.
Self-care is also fun! Can you picture yourself blending essential oils, or taking photos of flowers, or riding your bike like you did when you were a kid?
Being healthy in body, mind and spirit gives you freedom to explore your world in whatever way you want. Self-care helps you let go of the shackles that have been weighing you down and allows you to travel light.
10. Giving from your Abundance
Ultimately, self-care is a way to fill up your own well and keep it replenished, so you can give to others from the overflow and from your abundance! That means, no more scraping from the bottom of the barrel!
Who is into giving from your abundance?
This is just the tip of the iceberg of what is available to you once you start practicing self-care!
I have created a 21-Day Self-Care Challenge
to help you with your self-care and
it starts on Monday, December 2, 2019!
Just in time for the new year, the big 2020!
Here’s your chance to design your own custom self-care plan to calm your nerves and improve your health and start 2020 – a new year and a new decade – with a bang!
Bonuses for participating in the 21-Day Self-Care Challenge
- You will have an at-a-glance calendar of all of the daily self-care activities
- We will meet each day on Zoom at 12pm Mountain Time for a 15-minute check-in and energy boost
- You will have access to the 21-Day Self-Care Challenge Facebook group
- You are invited to schedule 2 complimentary, on-the-house, 60-minute wellness coaching sessions with me, Maria, in January 2020 (value of $450 CAD)
- And, by the end of this 21-Day Challenge, you will feel stronger, wiser, more vibrant and more empowered than ever before!
All of this for just $245 CAD!
Sign Up Today!
About the Author
Maria Koropecky is a certified Wellness Coach and Storyteller with a background in spa therapy and self-care.
Maria specializes in helping women and the men in our lives to gain CLARITY, STRENGTH and FREEDOM on the journey of life: CLARITY about their vision, STRENGTH to keep going and FREEDOM to live their life the way they want.
Currently, Maria is looking to expand her reach and help others achieve their own wellness goals. Please visit MariaKoropecky.com to book your next Wellness Coaching session with Maria today.