Are you looking to optimize your health and wellness?
As a wellness coach, Maria Koropecky, helps people live the life that lights them up. Talking with a coach on a weekly basis can help with a variety of health- and wellness- related concerns like:
- How to better manage stress during this busy time of year;
- How to stick to a healthy eating and exercise plan; and
- How to express yourself in healthy ways and get along better with the people in your life.
With a few sessions with a wellness coach, you will reduce stress, stay active, have better relationships with your friends, co-workers, and family members, and even eat well!
Coaching is all about creating a crystal clear vision of what you want to create in your life, uncovering what might be in the way, and focussing on what really matters to you so you feel empowered to move forward.
Sound good? To get started, email Maria today to book your free consultation, also known as a Crystal Mapping Session and let’s talk!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Life Coaching & Wellness Coaching
Q: What is Coaching?
Coaching helps you prepare your future on your terms,
~ Maria Koropecky
Coaching is a collaborative and synergistic relationship between an certified coach and a client. Coaches partner with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires their clients to maximize their personal and professional potential.
Through thoughtful questions and active listening, a coach can offer support in areas such as business, career, creativity, family, finances, health, lifestyle, life purpose, love life, relationships, spirituality, etc., and can help their clients produce extraordinary, fulfilling, and sustainable results.
Some coaches are best known as life coaches and coach people on many topics while other coaches specialize in one area depending on their lived experiences and areas of expertise. You can hire one coach for everything or you can hire different coaches for different parts of your life.
With my background in esthetics and spa therapy, I, Maria, show people who are struggling with stress, how to relax and take a proactive stance on their health, and am therefore most suited to Wellness Coaching.
Q: What is Wellness Coaching?
While Wellness Coaching is similar to Life Coaching and other types of coaching, Wellness Coaching is more specifically geared toward issues relating to health and well-being.
Like me, Wellness Coaches often have training and experience in health-related fields and we focus on guiding our clients to enhance their lifestyles as well as improve their mental health and physical fitness.
Q: What do you mean by “Wellness?”
“Wellness is a multidimensional state of being
describing the existence of positive health in an individual
as exemplified by quality of life and a sense of well-being.”
~ Charles B. Corbin, Arizona State University
Q: Why Should I Make My Wellness A Priority?
“Get your rest. If you haven’t got your health, you haven’t got anything,”
~ Count Tyrone Rugen, The Princess Bride.
Being physically, mentally, and emotionally fit helps us be productive and enjoy life.
If you want to be healthier and are committed to making some lifestyle changes, than working with a Wellness Coach will help you get there.
Q: How is Wellness Coaching Different From Other Healing Professions?
Although I’m not a nutritionist, personal trainer, therapist, or counsellor, I can support you in your quest toward better health. My philosophy centres around managing stress because being relaxed will go a long way in helping you achieve your health, fitness, life, or any other goals.
Wellness coaching (and coaching in general) is not about fixing anything or telling people what to do.
Also, unlike therapists and counselors, I as a Wellness Coach will not dwell on your past and try to figure out how you got here. Coaching is all about starting with where you are now and looking towards your future.
Wellness coaches are here to listen and ask thoughtful questions and to gently draw out your insights so you can feel free, safe, and empowered to move forward in life and to create a future you can get excited about.
Q: Does Coaching really work?
Thanks to a study from the International Coach Federation (ICF), there are plenty of statistics that prove the effectiveness of coaching. For example, here are four benefits identified by clients from a ICF survey conducted in 2015:
- 80% of clients improved their self-confidence
73% of clients improved their relationships
72% of clients improved their communication skills
67% of clients improved their work-life balance.
Also according to this survey:
- 99% of clients who hire a coach are satisfied and
96% of clients would hire a coach again.
Q: Why would I work with a Wellness Coach?
Kudos to you if you can motivate yourself and reach your health and lifestyle goals on your own but many of us find it difficult to make changes without some outside help.
Working closely with a Wellness Coach can really speed up the process of reaching your health and wellness goals. A coaching conversation is a safe place to express your thoughts and feelings and you’ll gain confidence, new healthy habits, clarity, and self-awareness, and eventually you’ll have the tools to fly solo.
Q: What are some common topics people talk about in a Wellness Coaching session?
* “I’d like to make significant changes in my life starting with my health.”
* “I need to make better choices in regards to what I eat.”
* “I’d like to add exercise to my daily or weekly schedule.”
* “I’d like to sleep better.”
* “I’m having trouble coping with stress and I’d like to find better ways to manage stress and relax.”
* “I’d like to take a break from my digital devices.”
* “I’d like to quit smoking cigarettes.”
* “I’d like to quit drinking alcohol.”
* “I’d like to lose weight once and for all.”
* “I’d like to figure out ways to better manage my pain and/or chronic illness.”
* “I’m recovering from a car accident or sports injury and would like to feel better.”
* “I’d like to have a healthy baby.”
* “I’d like to balance my hormones and manage my PMS, Peri-menopausal or Menopausal symptoms.”
* “I’d like to have clear skin on my face and body.”
* “I’d like to go on a vacation soon and I’d like to plan something really special.”
* “I’d like to have a better relationship with my partner and family.”
* “I’d like to get along better with my co-workers.
* “I’m planning to run in a 5K or 10K charity event or marathon.”
* “I have a big event coming up like a milestone birthday, class reunion, wedding, etc., and I’d like to look and feel my best.”
* “I travel a lot for work and I’d like to maintain a healthy lifestyle even while I’m on the road.”
* “I’ve seen other people suffer in their senior years and I don’t want to be in the same boat. It’s up to me to take charge of my health now so that I can enjoy my life to the fullest and age gracefully.”
…How can I do that?”
In a Wellness Coaching conversation, the beauty is, all of the answers to these types of questions come from you, the client, which means you’ll be more enthusiastic about implementing them! As a trained Wellness Coach, I just guide the process.
Q: What’s it Like to Work with a Wellness Coach?
Wellness Coaching can be done either over the phone, on Skype, or in person and each coaching session lasts around an hour. An entire coaching program includes an initial evaluation followed by 3 coaching sessions per month and the coaching relationship can continue for 3, 6, or 12 months and beyond.
Each Wellness Coaching session is unique and as the client, you decide what topics you’d like to talk about. I know how to structure a conversation and will ask you a series of questions to help you:
- gain clarity about your ideal future,
- establish what you’d like to focus on, and
- figure out what you’d like to take away from our conversation.
Then together we’ll explore what’s supporting you, what’s in your way, your beliefs, etc., and within the hour, you’ll have more self-awareness and acceptance and you’ll feel empowered to move forward in your life. It’s quite exhilarating!
Q: Who could benefit from Wellness Coaching?
Anyone who has a lot on their plate and feels overwhelmed by their long to-do list and/or health challenges and has no clear focus or vision on how to feel better, can benefit from Wellness Coaching.
If you’re thinking about hiring a wellness coach, life coach, or coach in general, it means the idea of reaching for something new, something better for yourself, is more compelling than staying in the same old, same old rut. And as scary and uncomfortable as it sounds to venture into unknown territory, you’re finally ready to try something different and dare I say, become a butterfly.
“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
~ Anaïs Nin
Q: How Do I Get Started?
Email Maria today to book your free, Crystal Mapping Session and we’ll take it from there.
In your email, please include:
1. Your full name
2. Phone Number/Skype name
3. City and time zone (I’m in Victoria, BC on Pacific time)
4. Preferred consultation appointment day and time (weekends and evenings are also available).
5. What do you most want to change today?
6. On a scale of 0-10, (10 being super important) how important is it for you to achieve this change today?
7. Check off the areas you’d most like to work on
___ Life Balance
___ Life Purpose
___ Stress Management
___ Weight Loss, Fitness, & Nutrition
___ Relationship (get into one or improve the one you’re in)
___ Relationships with family or co-workers
___ Career Change
___ Starting a new Business
___ Writing a book
8. What other areas of your life do you want to change (if any) and are there any statements in the purple infographic that especially resonate with you?
9. Do you have any questions for me?
10. Can you think of anyone else who might benefit from wellness coaching? If so, please forward this page to them. Thank you!
As your wellness coach, I’ll walk beside you on your journey so you can create a future and live a life that you can be excited about. How does that sound?
Let’s talk. We can meet over the phone, on Skype, or in person at your home or office in Victoria, BC. We’ve got options!