by Maria Koropecky, Spiritual Wellness Coach
“Welcome a reminder out of your trust rather ask for a sign out of your need,” ~ Kyle Gray
Do you look for signs from the Universe when your trying to make a decision or when you need a little extra comfort and reassurance? I do.
When we see a sign, (like “City of Victoria, population 84,289”) it means we’re near Victoria and we’re heading in the right direction (if Victoria is where we want to be). Although signs aren’t the actual, physical destination, they are pointing there, which helps.
So when we ask the Universe for a sign, and we’re open to receiving a message in anyway it chooses to present itself, and a sign suddenly appears out of nowhere, it feels pretty amazing!
It’s about trusting the Universe to deliver and trusting our intuition and senses to notice.
For me, when something unexpected shows up in my life, I like to think it’s more than just a random occurrence and it means something special.
Life is full of little gifts and nods of encouragement — you just need to keep your eyes and ears open! And when you spot a treasure from out of the blue, say “thank you!” out loud!
When I was in high school, I took a photography class from a journalist and he said,
“when you’re shooting photos, look for the unusual amidst the usual…”
And that’s my philosophy of life. I always like it when things happen that I just can’t quite figure out or explain, like there’s more to it, something mystical going on. It’s like when people say, “you just can’t write this stuff…”[because no one will believe you].
In my world, signs of life, light, and love appear in many shapes and configurations. They all seem to tell me: there’s something more going on behind the scenes. Here are some of my faves. Perhaps you’re tuned into these types of signs as well.
- Coins — “Find a penny, pick it up, and all day long, you’ll have good luck!” I once found a coin that wasn’t in that spot a half hour earlier and no one else was there either, so where did it come from?
- Animals — Many people believe in spirit animals. Every time I go for a walk in my neighbourhood, I like to take notice of any animals that may be on my path like, birds (robins, quail, ducks, eagles, crows, owls), bees, butterflies, dragon flies, squirrels, bunnies, deer, cats, dogs, lizards, snakes, raccoons, etc.
- Dreams — As we process our events of the day, dreams speak to us in our own short hand so they’re worth exploring.
- Books — Books are loaded with meaning on many levels. Have you ever had a book drop off a shelf for you? And have you ever opened a book to a page and found an answer to a question? Pay attention to books. I have a friend who makes a point of reading any book someone recommends to him.
- Self-seeded plants — Every now and then, I find cheery plants — like pansies and tomatoes and artichokes — in the oddest places!
- Songs on the Radio — I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard a song on the radio that was meant for my ears in that moment. It all started when I was a kid and my friend started singing, “Like a Rhinestone Cowboy” and then we turned on the car radio and there was Glen Campbell singing his song!
- Smells where you can’t see the source — Once, while I was alone, driving my car on my way to pick up my brother, I could smell gin and cherry pipe tobacco which instantly reminded me of my late father and I’m sure he came along for the ride in spirit.
- Overhearing other people’s conversations — Sometimes I can’t help but eavesdrop on other people’s conversations. Once, I was listening to someone tell a story about a girl going to a rock concert and how she met the band and they signed her t-shirt with, “Rock on, Maria!” which is my name too! True story!
- Power outages — Make a note of what else is going on in your life when the power goes out. Someone may be trying to tell you to slow down, rest, and take a break.
- Cloud formations — When was the last time you looked up at the sky? Whether you see the sunrise or sunset or somewhere in between, the sky is filled with beautiful colours and patterns including unusual cloud formations. The next time you see a cloud in the shape of an angel, take a photo and put it up on Pinterest!
- Repeating words — I always think it’s neat when I read a word and in the same moment, I hear someone else (like on TV) say the same word! Have you ever noticed that?
- Repeating numbers — Many people find number sequences significant. If you always wake up in the middle of the night at the same time like say, 3:33am, that number means something to you.
- Compliments — Whenever someone gives you a compliment, hear it and accept it graciously!
- Found objects — Recently, I found a white calcite rock in a parking lot as I stepped out of my car. It was pretty so I picked it up and took it home. I felt like angels had left the rock especially for me to boost my spirits.
- Chance meetings — It always astounds me when people bump into each other far away from where they would normally frequent. In these cases, someone always says, “Small World.”
- Flashing lights out of the corner of your eye — Occasionally, I’ll see a flash of light come and go from nowhere. I’ve also seen cats following something “invisible” with their eyes, too.
Often these signs are quite subtle and are easy enough to overlook but the four-leaf clovers are there! I personally enjoy catching a glimpse of something spiritual and I’m open to woo-woo experiences. How about you?
When I notice something new or different around me, I’m reminded that I’m not alone and in truth, I’m OK. That’s the real message and the gift.
Like for example, the other day, I went on a wellness walk through my neighbourhood. I decided to go to my pond to visit my ducks. As I approached the entrance of the pond, I could see someone had left eight roses at the gate for anyone to take.
There they were, eight roses, three reds, three whites, and two yellows, left as a gift, by a thoughtful soul.
I had seen similar roses in that spot about two and a half years ago but not since. The roses were like bookends for a recent big chapter in my life and I feel like now, that rough patch is behind me and I can move forward again.
The flowers just made me happy because they were an unexpected surprise and I felt like someone up there (maybe my late father, maybe my guardian angel, maybe my future husband) wanted me to find those flowers to tell me that I’m loved and I’m on the right track and everything is working out for the best.
That’s what I mean when I talk about signs from the Universe!
Although the roses were a little past their prime because they had been waiting outside, loose for me for awhile, I still thought they were a lovely blessing so I took them home and put them in water and a little vase and took this photo.
The intuitive message I got was, “Late but not dead.” 🙂
And the funny thing is, as I was walking home with my flowers in hand, I passed a house that was blasting Van Morrison’s song, “Into the Mystic” towards the street. Did you know, the angels have a sense of humour, too?
Experiencing new surprises like finding roses means you’re not caught up in the same old, same old rut. It also means you’re allowing more love in! It also means you’re living in the present moment!
Thank you for reminder and for the roses, generous benefactor, whoever you are!
Spiritual Guidance Available
Would you like to have some spiritual guidance on this topic? Consider signing up for a Free Crystal Mapping Session with Spa Therapist and Spiritual Wellness Coach, Maria Koropecky. Subscribe to this Crystal Clear Coaching blog and book your free Crystal Mapping Session today.